Thursday, September 12, 2013

Beauty is in The Eye of The Beholder

I should be doing my homework right now but a thought hindered me from doing so.

I was just thinking about the people in my school and then I thought about some random girl that's in a few of my classes. My gay best friend knows her and I remember him and two other friends of his talking about her at my last school. So, I just saw this girl for the first time in person on the first day of school. First thing I thought was, 'wow, she's so pretty' and then I started comparing myself to her. And I've realized comparing myself to other girls doesn't bother me as much anymore. Why? How? Because I have so much more confidence in myself now.

I am ME. I like being me. Nobody is meer than me. Those girls are beautiful in one way and I'm  beautiful in another way. 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'. I Always have to keep that in mind. And I have been repeating that to myself for a while now and it actually helps me.

These days, there is always an emphasis on loving your body and the way you look. For anyone that doesn't understand still and has low self confidence, LOVE YOURSELF. You're beautiful and you were made by God for a reason. God thought you were lovely when he first created you. Looking down upon yourself is looking down upon God's creation because God created you. You are a piece of art. Every blemish, every piece of flesh, was all painted to make you and like that quote says 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'

Everyone's idea of beautiful is different. What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment