Thursday, August 1, 2013

 To even know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ralph Waldo Emerson’s quotes are some of the best I’ve ever come across. I was just skimming through some of the quotes I have saved on a document and I came across one of Emerson’s quotes and I was struck by those few wise words I read. And then, I decided to go through more of his quotes on brainyquote (my favorite quotes website). I remember how I read his quotes after I had my surgery, every single day and his quotes had a huge impact on bringing me back to joy.

But I did not recognize this quote. I realize that this quote applies to me. I read this carefully and first thing that came in mind was my best friend. Although, I make my family’s life a lot tougher than their lives were supposed to be, I’ve spread light across my best friend’s life. To know that she sees me and treats me like a sister warms my heart. To know that each time I’m around her, her life becomes so much brighter. And it’s quite depressing that I don’t get to see her everyday like we used to in middle school.

But I also realize that she wasn’t the only person I’ve made life better for. There are more people that look up to me and stand by me because I’ve let them into my life. And I’ve let them breathe easier. And I don’t know what else can make me any happier.


How I make their lives easier and better – may be small but I try my best to light up the worlds of those that I truly care about. I’m not a social butterfly. In fact, I’m one of the quietest people in my school but I choose to be silent. And I open up to the people that deserve my attention and I’m glad I do because it makes me happy. They deserve my attention. They deserve my inspiration and impact. All the other people in my school – too bad for them. they don’t know what they’re missing out on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment