Friday, September 6, 2013

I claim that I don't take anything for granted. Well, I don't really mean it. I've realized that I actually take a lot of things for granted. And I'm one lazy bug. Just now I was watching a part of a bengali movie.
A poor girl goes up to her mom and asks her if she can borrow the lighted lamp (because her house had no lights and it was nighttime). She needed the lamp to study for school but her mom scolds her and tells her to go off and make fire for herself. So, she makes the fire and she starts studying with a bit of fire to light up her book. Then, her dad starts to work with with the fire by his side and because the girl was memorizing her work out loud, he drove her off. So, she couldn't finish her studying.
Yet, here I am in an apartment that can be lighted anytime of the day. I don't have to worry about losing electricity. I can study anytime in comfort, yet - I don't. I just sit home doing nothing. Tons of kids out there have to work hard for their education. I don't. I just have to work my brain. That's all. I just don't understand why I don't.
And I have food every single day. I don't have to worry about hunger. Maybe I should really count every single one of my blessings and the, I would stop complaining all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment